Friday, September 11, 2015

Trying to Keep Busy in the heat

We've had several days of blistering heat and humidity. Just something awful!
I go around in the morning, before it gets too hot, and close the windows and drapes. It makes it dark and cavelike. I hate it. However, it does help especially with the insulation in the attic. But, our whole house fan has been delayed as we don't have enough vents in the attic and some carpentry has to be done to get a spot for the whole house fan to be able to fit.
Our usual contractor is out of town now for about three weeks, so that doesn't help at all. So, our neighbor contractor is gonna help to fix both problems....he seems familiar with these houses....so fingers crossed....
In the meantime, I try to keep busy, keep my mind off the fact that we are hot......
So, I ordered from Fabrics-store.com some neat linen fabric. It is almost a grain sack type fabric, though it is lighter....it is definitely "rustic" and appealing.
I washed it twice in the washer and dried it....as I am going for kitchen towels....
I am making a bunch for gifts....Christmas is coming y'all.....

 Here it is, all washed and dried and almost all ironed. It really scrunches up in the wash, so it needs good sprays of water and a steam iron and patience.....
I bought 6 yards of this fabric....plenty to make about 6 or more kitchen towels or 4-5 kitchen towels and a table runner. The fabric is 19 inches wide....
 I am using my embroidery machine which was doing fine....but by number four it started to get grumpy and didn't want to finish the laurel pattern....
Here is my pile....They will get hems on either side and be packaged up for Christmas.
So, there you have what I did get done today....not much.
Even our dogs are feeling a bit sick over this heat....no walks for days and I took them outside and just ran the hose over them.....Even Tucker decided that wasn't so bad....he even rolled in a puddle!
Stay cool Y'all!
Nancy

No comments: