Sunday, September 27, 2015

A Baby Quilt

My daughter loves to give her friends a baby quilt from me, especially when I can embroider the baby's name.
I chose Blooms & Bliss in 5" squares with Kona white and got the jelly roll for the border and one of the fabrics for the backing. I love simple piecing and then quilting....

 Besides her embroidered name, do you see the quilted hearts?? I do this totally freehand, no lines, no guide, just plain freehand and what fun!
 All the quilting is done on my home machine, I do not use a  long arm or guides for meandering pattern....
This shows you the backing. I use Superior Threads Kimono Silk to quilt now....I love this thread! It is understated and durable and unlike other silk threads I have used, this doesn't break.....
It is now folded and ready for pick-up to go to the baby shower.
Have a great day!! I am going to garden today as it promises to be cooler!! Yay!
Nancy

No comments: