Thursday, July 30, 2015

Child's Play!

While waiting for this virus to go away.....I decided to sit and paint the crate that the "kids" gave me for Mother's Day. It is a wood crate that you can get at Target and Michael's and probably JoAnn's too.
I had been wanting a toy box for the toys I had accumulated for Royce (and any other future babies).
So, it was time to paint it. I used Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in French Linen and decided not to use any wax at all, since babies have a tendency to put everything in their mouths.

I did paint inside and out and only one coat.
Originally I was going to put casters on, but decided since he isn't walking that casters will come later when he is older...for now I put felt glides on the bottom.
It fits nicely under the coffee table too!
Does Royce like it??

Yup! Sheer joy!
Now, we have to teach him to put everything back!
Have a great day!!

No comments: