Thursday, June 4, 2015

Making cute and useful "Burp" cloths

Over a year ago, I saw a post on a blog about making "burp" cloths from diapers. I was impressed and proceeded to make my then pregnant daughter some. Then, that daughter made some for a friend who was having a baby....
Yesterday, my other daughter decided to make some for her friend that is having a baby. She kindly let me take pictures to share with you. Hers turned out so cute!
These diapers turned into art for "burps" are invaluable! They are large, washable, absorbent and soft. Never leave home without them!

First step is removing them from their packaging and iron! If you don't iron, nothing will be straight or smooth....
 Here is my darling daughter, Emily, sewing. She is doing her first applique! (the applique was purchased from Etsy)...


 Here she just used ribbon leftover from other projects, cute though huh??
 This applique was also purchased on Etsy....
 This applique was created by me...for another project and I ended up not using it....
 Here she used quilting leftovers for a different look....pretty cute though....
 When all is said and done, she had a great packet of "burp" clothes for the mother to be...
These are simple to make and a really great gift. You can do most anything with them.....
Recommendations be sure your cloths can be washed....
Don't use fabric that can't go into the washing machine....they will get dirty...that is what they are for...
I hope this has inspired you....
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

What a GREAT gift idea! Love it. I actually bought a dozen of the regular diapers (without the thick centers) just to have them for windows. OMGosh do they do a good job.
Your daughter did a wonderful job. I bet they would make great bibs, too! xo Diana