Monday, June 8, 2015

Just a Hint....

This last weekend, I made Hubby buckwheat pancakes. Buckwheat is not wheat by the way, it is a grass that is tolerated well by those with Wheat intolerances and great for those with gluten free diets.
Buckwheat pancakes tend to be a bit denser and heavier, but are so yummy. They beg for fruit syrups!
But I can't have most fruit syrups as they often use corn syrup in them....a big allergen for me. So, what to do?? Make your own!
In a pinch, no fruit or syrup??
I have a suggestion....use a jam or jelly you have and melt it down....you can add a maple syrup to help or water to make it thinner....
I used a couple of jams that were in my fridge....

I used a bit of maple syrup as we were almost out of that too, and poured it on the pancakes....
Hubby had a little butter and then the syrup....
Tres Yummy!!
It's a great way to use up old jams and jellies....
Enjoy!
Nancy

No comments: