Friday, June 5, 2015

Hunter's Star Quilt

Well, I did it! I quilted the Hunter's Star Quilt! It needs its binding, but I have to show you...I'm rather pleased with it.
Now, keep in mind, this is done on a home machine using free motion techniques. It is not done with a long-arm machine. It is also my first full attempt on a quilt using a free hand feather technique. What does that mean? It means every feather in every triangle and on the border etc was done free hand so no two are exactly alike. Starting and stopping on every single piece! Yup...I'm crazy, but considering a few months ago I had never done this at all, I think it turned out rather well....
The proof is in the backing.....




Well, what do you think?? I know it isn't perfect....but I think it turned out fairly well....
Have a great day!
Nancy

No comments: