Friday, June 12, 2015

Fourth of July Table Runner....in the works...

Ok, so I am working on a 4th of July table runner to be given as a gift for a friend...
I hope she doesn't see it, but I wanted to share it with you.
It is known as a "Lattice" pattern and turned out to be a bit more difficult than the tutorial described. So for it to turn out at all is, I think, remarkable.
The table runner is 55" long and about 18" wide. It is comprised of 5 Square blocks and I am almost done.
I took pictures of it on the sewing machine so you could see....
 Now, it is still being quilted, so what you see on the edges is batting and backing and such sticking out...the red is the border and edge when completed, and will have a red binding....


And then there is the backing, which I went and bought a new fabric for....I decided I wanted something she could use and make it reversible (in case she couldn't take the imperfections)....

I am quilting it with the Kimono silk thread, using the Surperior threads needle and cotton batting.....
Hope you have a great weekend...I will be busy quilting...
Nancy

No comments: