Monday, April 27, 2015

The Tea Party

Well, I was really tired after the Tea Party. As per my usual, I overdo, trying to cover all my bases....
Anyone else do that??
Anyway, it worked out well....plenty of food, good friends, good conversation and memories....
I started work at 8 am making fresh strawberry jam.....
Then I went to the garden and picked some fresh items like nasturtiums(flowers and small leaves), cilantro flowers and parsley.
We piped the lemon curd into mini-tarts, as well as chocolate pudding into some of them...
We (being my sister and I) made chicken salad tea sandwiches...as well as piping hummus and creamed feta into small tomatoes or cucumber cups....
The prep went right up to 1:45 with guests due to arrive at 2.
So, what follows is a great number of pictures.....
 These are the nasturtium sandwiches...elegant and pretty and very tasty!! Everyone loved them....yes, you can eat the flowers and the leaves.....
 Gluten free scones....from the Pamela's mix I use, they were probably the best scones I've had. Sweet but not too sweet and light and flaky....excellent with fresh strawberry jam and clotted cream!


 My daughters hate mayo. And since my one daughter is now allergic to eggs...I created chicken salad using white bean hummus in place of mayo...oh my gosh! I love it better!! Apparently, I needed to make more of these cucumber cups with the mix...they were gone shortly after the picture.
 Stuffed mini peppers.....

 These dark things are Cinnamon Fingers....using the crusts that are left from cutting tea sandwiches, on dredges them in melted butter and then in cinnamon sugar then they go into the oven for about 8-10 mins at 400 then get taken out to cool....very yummy and a tradition in our family.....





All in all, it was a great day!!
Hope you had a great Sunday....
Nancy

4 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Nancy- What a great looking party! LOVE all your nibbles and bits! You did a great job. ummm...my invitation must have gotten lost in the mail....lol xo Diana

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tea party!! Lucky guests! I noticed your pretty napkins too. :-)

Pam

Junkchiccottage said...

Nancy,
Ok yum and pretty all together!!!! Everything looks so delicious and your table so pretty. What a beautiful tea party.
Kris

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Nancy,
OMG!! What an amazing Tea party!! One that anyone of us would have loved to attend!! Including me!!
Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hugs,
Debbie