Friday, April 17, 2015

The Quilt

So, I promised I'd share.
So, here is the quilt...minus the binding....

However badly I have hung this so you can see it, what is in each square is what is fun. No two are exactly alike....


I am waiting for fabric to make the binding....so it can take its place as a finished quilt. I gave it a name...."Doodle School". The lady who did the online class said we should doodle...it helps make designs....of course she meant on paper. But, I haven't doodled in many years....so I doodled with thread. Silly I know, but what the heck...it gave me practice....and I think it turned out pretty sweet...
Well, that's it.
Have a great weekend.
Nancy

5 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Nancy,
This quilt is so pretty. My sister quilts, and I've always thought it was such a talent. Love the blues in it, it's very charming.

~Sheri

Red Rose Alley said...

oh, the zoo in Folsom is nice because it takes in injured animals and takes care of them. You lived in Placerville!! It is my favorite town in northern California, I love it! It's such a charming town, and I try to visit often. :~)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your quilting is beautiful...all of those fun doodles! And I love these pretty colors. I'm following now. I don't know why it came up with an old profile pic but it's me! lol Hugs, Diane

Nancy's Notes said...

Nancy, what a beautiful quilt! Doodling, how fun, it looks great! Your Doodle School is impressive! Way to go!

Nancy

Dolly Sarrio said...

What beautiful quilts! Oh how I love them..The colors, patterns, everything. I now follow you! Thanks for visiting me at http://hibiscushouse1.blogspot.com/
Come back anytime and I'll certainly be back here!
Dolly