Thursday, April 16, 2015

Around the House....

So, ever have one of those days where you set out to do one thing, and end up with a multitude of things done??
Yeah, yesterday was like that. In fact, it didn't start very well. I set out to "stitch in the ditch" on the quilt I've been working on.
Honestly, I hate this part! I much prefer the artistic creating that comes with free motion quilting. This part is awful....in fact, somehow I broke two needles! I figured it had to be the quilt pulling on the needle as it was pulled through. Usually, quilting centers me....but not this day!
So, I took frequent trips away from the quilting and did something else. Tomorrow I will show you one of the things I did accomplish.....that will be a surprise.
Anyway, one of the trips away I was looking at fabrics and came across some "toppers" I used to have on the dining chairs. Funny, they looked appealing...so I brought them out...

It's so fun to refresh for $0! I threw on one of the table runners and added a "splash" of something in the center.
I also got some laundry done....
But, after I got a bit settled and got the needle fixed and picked the thread, I went ahead and "played" with quilting.

 The pictures don't really show what I've done here...sad, I wanted to share....but this is a scallop design in the center and traced the lines on the outside of the square....
 The center part here got traced and vines on outside....
 Same here.....
And here you almost can see I used a fill technique after tracing the plants in the center.....
As you can guess...I have lots more to do....I will show you after it is done.....
But after I closed up the craft room for the day, I tidied the hutch and realized the corks we save were overflowing, so.....
I started a tray!! Because the corks were super dried....they have odd shapes now...but no matter....
Only problem is I used them all....darn we have to drink more.....30 bottles or so....This will be sidelined for awhile. I bought this tray backing at a thrift store a bit ago, it is my favorite for this and then I will add handles.....
Well, I guess that is all I got done yesterday...today, since I am not babysitting, I plan on doing more quilting and maybe going to the farmers market, if I need a break...
Hope you have a great day!!
Nancy

1 comment:

Red Rose Alley said...

This cork tray is delightful. My daughter, Jess, has a cork board like it, but she hasn't filled it with corks yet, little by little.

Thank you for visiting us at Red Rose Alley. We would love it if you could follow us, and I would certainly come back and follow you as well. It's nice to meet new friends. Have a sweet day.

~Sheri