Saturday, March 7, 2015

Where to begin....

I have had a busy week!
Being a part of my Grandson's life...sharing in his first food...babysitting...I am sure many of you know what that is all about...I am a beginner here.
But, then there were the projects, no matter how small, they seem to center me. Odd I know, but they do. If I can get something creative done, I feel better. If I can get the house clean on top of that I feel fantastic. If I can get something creative, do housework and do laundry...well it's a good week indeed.
Well, it was a good week, though I didn't get much laundry done...
Anyway....I wanted to share my treasures.
Last week, I found a need wood piece that was dirty and white(ish) when I found it at the Goodwill.
So, yes, I painted it and found a place for it....right above the closets....
Isn't it cool?? When you come into our bedroom, the closets kinda just pulled your eye away from other things....now this kinda draws your eye away from the ugly closets....it was $3.99 at the Goodwill....
But, this week I found a real treasure and it almost got away....
I was shopping with my friend and she was driving. Though she has a station wagon, it had lots of other stuff in it so we couldn't put it in...so, I didn't get it. I told Hubby about it, he was shocked. So, I decided that I would go back the next day and see if I could get it. If it was there, it was meant to be.

See the price, yep, $5. It is old. It is big. It is beveled. And it is wood....needing TLC....and it was still there. I found one of the workers at the Assistance League and she went and got a cart, helped me put it on the cart, then stayed with it while I paid. Since they had just opened, I was the first sale of the day.


 See it was a bit rough, but one can see it had class an style, once, and somehow had been removed from its dresser base....poor thing. The varnish was flaking off and some veneer was just beginning to come off also. So, it got to be painted. I had already decided it would like with my daughter and go with the dresser we did recently, even if it was a bit too long...it still would be awesome....
 So, I taped off the mirror and got to work....and sanded a bit (it didn't need much and that was the FIRST time I have had to sand for Annie Sloan Chalk Paint).
 Here you can see I started to paint.....It went on beautifully...I love how the features show more....
TA DA!! Three hours later it stand on the dresser in our garage, waiting for its new home. Isn't lovely?? I love the French Linen color.....
While paint dried what did I do??
Well, I made Blueberry Jam!
 These are the refrigerator jams....
These are the shelf stable blueberry jam jars......
So, see it was a good day and ended with taking care of our Grandson in the evening so his Mommy and Daddy could go out and celebrate his Daddy's Birthday with friends....
Have a great day all....
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

Wow! You DID have a good week. Those are both great finds. Love how you painted the mirror piece.

Taking care of grandbabies is not for the faint of heart...lol...it is the best job in the world but your regular "world" gets put on hold while they are there-and that is just the way it should be. xo Diana