Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Thread Time!

Around here it is now called "Thread Time".....it's when I need to play with my new quilting thread.
It is so much fun for me. It almost "centers" me to sit and quilt. Though I love to piece a quilt together, it's the actual quilting that thrills me. Yes, I'm addicted....
Today, after doing dishes, before anything else, I HAD to quilt.  Afterall, I had just received my new Superior Thread in the mail....and a quilt top was waiting.
It was a perfect time to practice some of the quilting techniques I learned in the online class...
Is it sick I like the back even better than the front??
Is it sick that I didn't even notice 2 hours go by??
 Yeah, probably.....but this is what I did in 2 hours...

So this is the front. Simple squares of precut charm pack, April Showers by Moda.
And, here is the back.....Wash Day Clouds by Moda....

 Free hand feathers....
 Here you can see that each square on the front got a different technique.....
The center of the quilt got a stenciled design medallion.....
I am in love with making feathers.....I took the class on Craftsy ....design it, quilt it with Cindy Needham....and it was indeed inspiring.....she reminded me that there is really is no quilt police....and being creative is ok....just have fun.....
With the new batting, new needles (by Superior) and new Superior Thread....(I love the Kimono Silk) I certainly am having a great time...
Now the quilt gets trimmed, and bound.....
Thanks for taking a look at what I am calling "Pattern Play"...
Nancy

1 comment:

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Beautiful! I can understand how you feel about quilting! I used to be that way when I used to cross stitch!