Friday, March 20, 2015

Sewing week

What a busy week I've had!
In amidst all the other fun things, like St. Paddy's Day, I've done lots in the sewing department.
My other daughter requested a baby quilt for her friend that is having a little girl....well, you know me...always an excuse for a quilt!
So, we picked out fabric and away I went.
With my Accuquilt I cut out lots and lots of triangles.
 Now, we saw a darling quilt on Pinterest that used squares made from triangles to create a herringbone pattern....cool...I like to try new patterns...
So, I used one that showed how they were laid out....that does get tricky (at least for the first time). So, after a few flops, I got it to look right...
All stitched here is the main part...
Then, I added a yellow border
and embroidered baby's name....
and then I created the binding from remnants ....I think it turned out even better than I thought...

But finishing a quilt wasn't all I did...besides working in the garden.... I also had a sewing day with my girls!
My youngest knows how to sew, but never has the time, but on this day she wanted to make some burp cloths like I had made her, so I created some appliques for her to use and pulled out ribbons for fun...


I can't remember the last time the three of us sewed together!
Of course, we had a new "member" and that was my Grandson. While daughter sewed, I got to entertain him....and since it happened to be St. Paddy's Day...we had a grand grand time!
He loved the Irish music we put on.
What a great day!
Well, that was most of my week, aside from gardening here and there. My garden is blooming and growing and needed a bit of attention....
How was your week??
Nancy

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Glad you had a GRAND grand time sewing. That quilt is beautiful and it does look tricky to me! I love how it turned out though. It is "happy" looking. xo Diana

Decor To Adore said...

My what a busy bee you have been! I love the colors you selected for the first quilt.It reminds me of spring. Thank you for the lovely inspiration. Have a wonderful weekend.