Saturday, March 28, 2015

Just a taste

Curious?
Well, I have been busy...
I am presently on a 4th quilt after finishing a third quilt for a friend of my daughter.
The quilt I made was all from my stash (that in it's self is impressive).....and she had wanted me to embroider the baby's name on the quilt.
But, if you know me, part of what I look forward to is the actualy quilting. I am addicted. Especially now that I took an online class on more quilting techniques and found a new thread and needle. Yes, needles do make a difference. I liken it to driving a basic Chevy and then driving a luxury car like a Lexus. Yeah, just like that.
Anyway, I forgot to embroider the name.
And there the quilt was....done.  OOOOPs.
My daughter said it was fine, but really it wasn't.
Soooo, I got creative....and went in and quilted the name on one of the squares.
This is what a great needle and thread can do.
And this square is 4"....so that is impressive....freehanded and first time!
I know I am obsessed by seriously, if you are a quilter, and do not know Superior Threads....(this is not a paid endorsement), then please check it out. This was done with Kimono Silk thread and the needle in the green package they recommend 75/10.....The needle is titanium coated....
I also did a vine on the small border....that was really fun.....
It doesn't show that much....but that is what I wanted....less thread showing .....
Anyway...when I get the binding on I will show it off....
Meanwhile, the other daughter came over and she has been making burp cloths from diapers and scrap fabric....and washcloths...

We took cheap washcloths, the kind you find in packs from Target....cut them into quarters...and then applied fabric and with right sides together, stitched them, turn, clip and stitch them all around.
Simple and quite useful for little ones...
So, today is a catch up day...and maybe, just maybe I can work on the newest quilt, which I am going to play with all those techniques I learned from that class....especially on feathers......
Have a great one!
Nancy

No comments: