Sunday, March 29, 2015

From the garden with love

Ah, spring.....
My garden, being in Southern California, is in full swing....
Last night, I harvested two artichokes and served them with caramelized salmon...

Yummmmmy!
Then, today I harvested a large handful of favas for dinner to have with lamb chops that Hubby is going to BBQ! Yumm again.....
Then, after our walk I picked two peaches from the tree out front...a tad early, but we have critters roaming the yard so I didn't want to risk losing the few we have this year. Last year I was able to make jam with the peaches, this year because the tree bloomed early, ummm like January, it lost some flowers to weather.....lucky to get a few!
I put them in a brown paper bag with an apple to get them a little more ready....guess we will have to wait for that dessert....
And while I was waiting on loads of laundry....I played with quilting. Oh the fun I had!! Now, it doesn't show all that I did from this picture....but, I used a bit of my new wool batting and the new threads and used a lovely piece of fabric a friend gave me. It's a linen and cotton blend and I just wanted to practice with the new stuff....doing backgrounds and curves....
But, what is a piece like that if it has no job?? It was too big to be a regular pillow, too small to be a throw....so, you add a piece of fabric to the back and sew it onto an existing pillow....


I had so much fun, I didn't want to stop...but, I ran out of thread!! Good thing I ordered more of the silk thread in larger quantities...afterall, this kind of quilting is addicting....
Oh well, must go change the laundry....
Hope you had a great day!!
Nancy

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That quilted piece is beautiful. I love the fabric.

I can't wait for some artichokes! Love them.

I have NEVER had ANY luck ripening peaches in bags with an apple or any other way. Hope yours ripen nicely.

Have a great evening. xo Diana

Melissa Wiges said...

Nancy, I love the fabric-- it's gorgeous!