Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Finished Blackboard Message Center...

Well, some of you have asked so here it is!
But first let's recap, in case you missed it....
Here is what I had....
I had an old, beat up tarnished cheap silver plate tray.....which I of course then painted. Don't panic, it wasn't heirloom...and I got it just for this purpose at the Salvation Army for $1.50....
It then became this....
While the paint dried, I put up a Command Hook to hang it on....

Now, here is a story....
I followed the directions, exactly, and while we were watching TV, there was a huge CRASH.
Well, even though I followed the directions, Exactly, the whole thing had fallen. Feeling deflated I was to sum it up frustrated. This wall is on the oven side. The finish is "Thermo-foil" and therefore almost impossible to put a nail into.....perfect for a Command Hook.
So, yesterday, I tried again, with a bigger hook, that takes 5lbs....
Now, certainly, the tray doesn't weigh 5 lbs....however, perhaps the hanging with gravity, maybe something has happened???
Well, I followed the directions all over again...EXACTLY.
I waited 2 hours before hanging....(they recommend 1 hour)
And timidly, I hung it.
TA DA!!
It stays!
I actually expected it to fall during the night....
But it is still there!

I might just have a message that stays forever here...it's kinda cute, and now it isn't a blank wall....
Have a great day...
Nancy

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That turned out really really cute Love it! xo Diana

Dee M said...

Your tray is super cute! I make a lot of chalkboard plates and trays, and they're so much fun! :)