Sunday, February 8, 2015

The bathroom

Our house was built in 1959. Almost everything has been changed...the kitchen, the master bath, the floors...wallpaper was removed and the house has been many colors, the doors were changed, windows...you get the idea.
Except the "guest" bathroom....
It just isn't in the cards, nor does it really need it.
We did change the toilet...that had to be done....
But, we just haven't done this bathroom....
It has been many colors in its life...while we have had it, it has been white and for the last 10 or so it is "tea & cream". The vanity however that is a different story.
For the last 5+ it has been "Wenge" a very dark chocolate color and it was great, until this week. I couldn't take it anymore. It felt dark and since I use this bathroom as mine the most, I just wanted to change it.
So, I painted and finally here is the vanity.
Ah...
The pictures aren't very good, its hard to take in such a small space....
 Yes, the sink is a beige with a tinge of pink (trust me it isn't the pink that many were...) and in the mirror you can see the drapery I have covering the tub/shower which is also beige....
 I added an applique just to give it panache....and look a touch more French....
The tile is a brown and cream color, so the new "cocoa" works...as brown/gray tones work well in here...
We left the mirror the dark brown color it came with...
I spray painted the knobs to be oil rubbed bronze...
The faucet is only about a year or so old, and no, I'm not gonna change it, even though oil rubbed bronze might look better...We just don't want to spend anymore...we just finished putting in all the wood floors in the other rooms...so that is where $$ went.
However...it freshens the room a great deal, just to paint. Makes it feel a tad bigger...and since I'm the main one who uses it...I like it.
Total cost for a "new" old bathroom....applique $11, additional ASCP "cocoa" $14=$25, not a bad "remodel".
Have a great weekend.
Nancy

2 comments:

chateau chic said...

Yes, paint can do wonders. We just finished giving our half bath a little makeover which I'll be sharing soon. Paint freshens everything.
Mary Alice

ANNE said...

I agree about paint changing everything. I painted my bathroom floor and now my bathroom looks so much nicer!