Wednesday, February 25, 2015

My Copper Find

I love copper....but not the gleaming prices in the stores....
I have for years been on the lookout for good copper, that can be used, for a good price. So, yesterday, my friend and I were at Goodwill, you know, "treasure hunting" when I spied one...a copper pot with a lid. I lifted the tape holding the lid on expecting to find the inside totally trashed, which is the usual find...but, much to my surprise it didn't look used at all!

Pretty sweet I'd say....
It is a Revere Ware pot! Really fun find....
So, the next challenge was to find copper polish...I didn't have any. So, I looked up on Google what to use....
Know what? They recommend lemon and salt!
Really? Not only cheap but I have it all here!
So, I went out and pulled a lemon off the bush and used some salt...and here is what I got...


Yeah, she still has some old age spots...which I think with time and use might diminish...but the inside is clean and ready to go (its stainless) so now I have my first copper pot, complete with lid! And oh yeah, I will remember she needs pot holders when using....right??
Anyway, time to clean the stove....gonna use lemon and salt there too....
Nancy

3 comments:

DD's Cottage said...

I like copper too-I love my new coppers mugs that are good for cocktails and cocco!

NanaDiana said...

I love copper, too. I have a few pieces still but gave several to my daughter. xo Diana

NanaDiana said...

I meant to tell you that is a really nice find!!!!