Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day!! I wish you a great one!
Over the years it has become hard to surprise Hubby.....
Today I did a "fancy" breakfast for him....pancakes, he gets those fairly often, but today I did something different. I saw something in passing on Pinterest a while ago and filed it away in the brain. Then, while I was working in the laundry room something fell to the floor...a heart shaped cookie cutter. Oh yeah!
The rest is history as they say.....
I first made candied bacon....by putting spices and brown sugar on each strip of bacon and then cooking it in the oven at 400 degrees until crispy.
Then.....
out came the cookie cutter....

I rubbed it very well with coconut oil....
And when the pan was good and hot....

I made heart shaped pancakes...one at a time for Hubby....
He said that they were great! Surprise!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

What a sweet, wonderful Valentine's Day breakfast. That bacon sounds so good it makes me crave some NOW~! xo Diana