Saturday, February 28, 2015

Finishing Up

Well, the quilt I started what seems like eons ago, I finally finished today! It goes to a baby shower for my daughter's friend in May....
It turned out ok...I see a few little things....but overall I am pleased...and guess what? I didn't have to buy a single piece of fabric! So excited about that! I've been really working on not trying to buy more....


I think their little boy will like it...what do you think??
I dutifully labeled it too on the back, but just in case she is looking, I can't show you...but what you probably can't see is the overall "hearts and vines" pattern I free handed on quilting it....I was rather pleased with myself actually...guiding the machine to make hearts and vines all over and then on the border too was pretty good....
Good day, planted and replanted some seedlings....
Helped Hubby fix a couple of gates that needed mending...
Finished this quilt....
Mended an old, old, old sheet that I love...a homspun linen "sheet" that is showing its wear as I use it to cover the bed from the dogs...I went with patching and lots of stitching deciding it was ok to show patches and stitches...they add patina...
Well, now we are off to walk the dogs...
Hope your day was good...
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

Wow! You are really talented! You did a fantastic job on that quilt...especially free-handing it. xo Diana