Sunday, February 22, 2015

A Craft and an "Oh No!"

Well, Hubby vacuumed the whole house while I did laundry and other little things.
Afterwards, he went to do some work in his office and I got busy with a little crafting....
 This is a silver plated fairly beat up tray, that someone had punched ones in....I bought it at the Salvation Army for about $1.50, specifically to paint and turn it into a chalk board....
Here you can see, I have started painting it.

After two coats of French Linen, I then found our old Chalkboard Paint for the center....
When it's dry, I will hang it with some ribbon and we will have a little message board!!
But, seriously, let's talk about the "Oh NO!"....we all have them....
While I was painting I heard Hubby yelling...."Belle threw up!" and then she did it again! On the rug, in the bedroom. Now, I don't like to talk about gross stuff, however, we all get things like this....
What to do when the dog barfs (this is a Big Dog and it was a lot.....) on the rug (glad it wasn't the new floor....)
Well, we lifted the bed off the rug, and both of us pulled it outside (gagging I might add) and Hubby washed it off with the hose and then we poured Folex on and hosed more....
Then, we draped it over the two boxes out front to drip a bit....
Of course, then the clouds moved in and it was going to rain, so we were worried about what to do now....
Then, Hubby had a great idea which may well save the rug and get it back into service...he got the shop vac out (it is Wet/Dry) and we moved it into the garage to lie flat and vacuumed it....almost like a carpet service! It pulled a huge amount of water out of the rug!

So, the "oh no" is a lesson in emergency service for our rugs...and floor if needed....
Now, that was gross, but I wanted to share with you because I thought it might come in handy for others out there....things happen...
Hope you had a great weekend....
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

I hate when that happens with pets. Our rug would freeze solid to the ground-lol
Glad you got it cleaned up though.
Hope you show us your little chalkboard tray when you get it done. xo Diana