Thursday, January 22, 2015

Linen on the Chair

Well, I told you I was creating a slipcover for Hubby's chair.
And since the chair's upholstery is from 1977, it's time....
And we all know, upholstery is not my forte, however...sometimes a girl has got to do what a girl has got to do.....
Knowing that perfection isn't happening....I have decided to embrace imperfection.
 From this viewpoint this chair doesn't look so bad....
From this viewpoint failings start to show...
However, I sat down and hand stitched some areas and this side and the other tightened up.
I still have some hemming to do, but hesitate as I vacillate between long hem and shorter. So for now, I am going to live with it. It is useable this way...no rush...
What do you think??
The color is soothing in the living room...and liking the neutral tones in this room.
I will show more later.
Have a great day.
Nancy

No comments: