Thursday, January 15, 2015

In the Home Stretch....

So, today is Thursday. Day four of our floor reno....removing carpet and replacing with wood.
I'm tired no lie. We slept in the guest room again last night, because the paint wasn't dry enough to put things back...so, we camped in the guest room again. It's actually a nice room and a decent bed. It just isn't our space. You know what I mean?
So, I went to babysit our Grandson and the guys weren't even there yet, it was 7:40.
When I got back my Master was done! Awesome.
So, I got to work vacuuming....
After I vacuumed (so much easier I might add with wood floors) I vacuumed the bed and started to make it. All the sheets and blankets got a good washing while things were out...so we get to sleep in very fresh sheets tonight! Yay!!
So, we put rugs down, due to dogs. If I didn't have dogs, I wouldn't, but one needs to protect the dogs and the expensive floor....
So, here is what we now have!


It looked so much prettier without the dog crates, but our dogs were lost without their space in the other room! They were so confused...so, we keep them. That is their bedroom....
Each crate sits on a rug of its own, to protect the floors (they would totally scratch)....
The rug by the bed has a pad and is held down by the heavy bed. It will protect the floors from jumping dogs, which they do and protect them since they have bad joints.
This last picture doesn't do the floors justice, makes them look reddish...but they are wonderful.
And....all new baseboards! Even into the closet. Gotta do it right....
So, two and a half rooms down.
The office is tomorrow. yikes.....
Almost there.....
Nancy

No comments: