Sunday, January 4, 2015

A New Year and a Birthday

What a promising New Year!
What a Birthday!
My birthday was yesterday, January 3rd. Yes, most people are worn out and done. You cannot be in our family, Jan. 1st is only the beginning....
When Jan. 3rd rolls around it is time for more merriment and gifts and food!
MY family goes all out...really!
I was so lucky yesterday. My eldest daughter came over in the morning and cooked me a fabulous breadkfast and Hubby cooked bacon and made coffee...
I was in stuffed heaven...
Since I am not allowed gluten (saddest part) my daughter created these fabulous potatoes with onions and peppers...sooo good, and then berries and a mimosa! Yummmmmy!
Then, we did a few things around the house that I was dying to do, such as put the little armoire in the craft room on casters! That was quite a chore actually, finding the right size screws and all.....

It involved emptying out the whole armoire, then taking out the drawers, then tilting it on its side up against the bed,  to put on two casters then turning it and laying it on its back, against the bed and actually down on my knees almost on my head to attach the casters. NOT easy....but worth it. Now this heavy, all wood armoire can be easily moved and is two inches taller!
Why?? Well, when it is full it cannot be moved. And.....well, in the next week we will be starting the big project....replacing 22yr. old carpet with the same wood that is the living area of the house. Such a big job. All closets etc will be done as well...even in a spartan home this would be big, in this house full of furniture and stuff, it is like planning a major expedition....
So, I have been putting casters on much....a toy trunk, this armoire, a cedar chest and replacing old plastic casters on the bed frames with rubber ones that are better.....
Yes, it will be good, even great to get it done....probably the biggest project for this house for 2015.
Anyway....
After doing the armoire we had lunch...IN-N-OUT....I had protein style and my daughter went to Five Guys to get their fries...(I like their cajun style fries) and we pigged out on that......
Then, our other daughter and hubby and grandbaby came and we watched a movie, A Dolphin Tale 2 (I am a bit of a sap)...
Oh and then time for gifts.....
My eldest gave me olive wood spoons and a salad serving set...
Youngest daughter and hubby gave me a gift of a brag bag (that is late so get to have it in a few days)
Hubby gave me a worm farm!
Yeah, I nutty that way. I am happy with dirt or worms....
I've wanted one for years and now I get to use worms to compost kitchen scraps!

I will let you know how it goes.....
After all that, all six of us (counting Baby) went to dinner at a place called The Winery in Newport Beach....lovely! Expensive and wonderful and delicious....perfect for special occasions !
So, as my day came to an end, I was totally spoiled...
Now its time to finish cleaning up from Christmas and my birthday...do laundry and other mundane things.....
Nancy

No comments: