Monday, December 8, 2014

No Fake Trees Allowed Here

It is an ongoing "discussion" between my Hubby and I. Every year it is the same....
In any case, we have a real tree again this year.
Since water and wood floors do not mix so well, I have a routine we do.
It is a bit neurotic I admit, however, it can't be helped and it does work....
First you put down the crib mat that is waterproof (or was 30 years ago)...
Then the galvanized bucket....
Then a black plastic bag, just in case the bucket leaked....
And then the Christmas tree stand and tree.....
and voila! A Christmas tree.....
And yes, I think it does look like its leaning, but it is the tree itself....well, no tree is perfect....it is so much thicker on one side than the other...
I does smell nice, I have to admit....however, there are needles on the floor....
After the tree was done, we did the mantel...
Hope you have a great day!
Nancy

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Great idea about the triple waterproofing! Glad you have a real tree. Allergies in the past prevented us from getting real ones. Lucky you!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree!

Pam