Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Happy New Year Pie!!

Well, this year, we got the kids over for New Year's Eve. I served a pork roast, potatoes, leeks and kale and a pie. A pie that I saw on Pinterest. I thought, why not....well, it is yummmmmmy!
You take your pie crust, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and re-roll it. Then, you slice it like you would for  cinnamon rolls. Yup, then you squish into the pie pan....


Then, when your pie is covered with little "cinnamon rolls", you fill with your filling, which in this case was apples also dusted with lots of cinnamon sugar....
Then put your top on...in this case, the top got a bit of cinnamon sugar also....
And bake...in my oven, it took about 40 mins....
And voila! A beautiful yummy pie .....
 Serve with freshly whipped cream, and now my family says this has to be served every New Year....in fact, they are calling it New Year's pie!
Yummy indeed....
Happy New Year!
Nancy

No comments: