Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Little Bit of This and That

It was one of those weekends, where after a holiday you work to get caught up...and get somehow get ahead....
We did a lot of organizing, especially of things that we tried to finish up a year ago....
Then today, with Christmas in mind, I wanted small touches....
Just before a glorious rain came, Hubby helped me move an old bench into the house. I had been wanting to move it in, everyone thought I was a bit nuts. But really, why not try it?? So, in it came...
I put on the quilt I made last year and the darling little teddy, then after the picture I added a white pillow, it is really quite cute in my opinion...and when we have more people, it pulls up quite nicely to the table and gives three more seats!
Then, I did lots more laundry.....
While loads were being done, I whipped up two matching quilted pillow covers for existing pillows. Why have lots of pillows?? Just make covers!

Then, I washed and dried a whole bunch of limes from the tree that had fallen. I got some ready for a marmalade recipe and the rest I am trying two versions of preserved limes for recipes....
 These are finely sliced and sitting overnight to make marmalade tomorrow....
These are preserving....two different recipes (actually if you google it there are several each a bit different) so I am trying these two....
Busy day at our house....
I do hope you had a good weekend...
Nancy

No comments: