Friday, October 31, 2014

Talking fireplaces....

Ok, so let's talk fireplaces and you give me some input.
Here is our present fireplace. It isn't bad, but I want (have for quite sometime) a surround, not just a mantel. I don't dislike the brick, it fits the house and area, so that isn't it. It's the fact the mantel basically "floats" on top. Now when we moved in there was no mantel at all. None. Zip.
We had a friend who mounted the inexpensive mantel we bought from Home Depot some 24 years ago. He had to use a type of nail gun thingy, literally as it is all brick on the side of the wall....(don't you love my techno savy??)

So, here is what I am thinking....just add some side elements, nothing too formal and paint the woodwork gray (probably French Linen by ASCP)...
So following are beautiful ideas I got from Pinterest....

 This one is my favorite...minus the dental moulding...but the gray "sends" me...
And I love this room too, though it doesn't help me...We don't have high ceilings or would push for the chandelier....Love the print too.....and the beams...and this fireplace, but that is a whole different ballgame....
So, what do you think??
To get a simple fireplace surround to add to the mantel presently there....
like this from Pinterest...
Of course this is green and I want gray.....but see how simple the lines of it are? That is more what I am thinking....
Let me know what you are thinking....
Happy Halloween.....
Nancy

No comments: