Monday, October 27, 2014

Rooster Table Runner

I am taking a craftsy class, working on different border techniques...and although I don't have any quilts at the moment, I wanted something to work on to use some of the methods she introduced. Isn't interesting how easy they make it look?? "Just do this and this....."
Yeah...I am still learning to perfect the craft....
Anyway, I had some fabric to play with, so this is what I made....
 I am having the most fun quilting vines this year on the borders, and using two colors of thread....I used a red thread for the back and a dark grey on the front.....
 It was a meandering design for the main body of the runner.....
 And overall it turned out pretty cute....it is 34L"x 15 1/2w"...a good day's work.....
Here is the back, it shows the stitching used on the front and I used red here. It is a quaint cotton "faux" ticking print that I picked up at the thrift store....
Hope you have happy creations!
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

OH- That is so cute! I love the backing as much as I love the front of it. A perfect piece! xo Diana