Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Oh, my aching back!

Ever get a hair brained idea? One you just had to do, right then?? You had been thinking about it for a while, and now, right now, was the time??
Yeah, that was me today.
I decided that my daughter's old toy box, still loaded with toys, needed to be cleaned out and painted so I could store blankets and pillows. That was the plan.
So, I emptied it out, daughter said certain things had to be kept (for her someday children)......
Next thing Hubby knows, I am lifting from out of the corner the old toy box...which I might add was not light. It was trapped into the corner and the only way out was up and out.....
Hubby heard me as I became trapped myself with it halfway out, wedged between the armoire and the bed. He quickly came to my rescue and helped me move it out.....oh the glee!
I went to the hardware store and bought casters for it....don't know why we didn't put those on to begin with, some 30 years ago......
Now, it was painted in the '80s with a stencil and was cute and sweet back then, but I was ready for a change.....
So.....


Now, perfection was never the direction I was going, most of it will not be seen anyway, I just wanted it fresher....
Then, it was time to put it back.....so I thought I would change where it was, but after fighting with the bed....meaning I had to take the bed apart to move it and then changed my mind and moved it back, the toy box went into its corner, back where it was.....(this time Hubby helped lift it back into its spot...)

It now looks cleaner and more in the color of the rest of the room....
Now for that Advil.......
Nancy

1 comment:

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Great transformation! I wish I had saved our daughter's wood toy trunk!