Friday, October 17, 2014

Jammin

Well, it is a lovely cool FALL day!
Almost had rain (1% chance)...so my daughter and I decided we needed to make Pepper Jelly....
We were at Surfas and there was a small jar for $10! Really! Well, we have my jam/jelly maker and that is my favorite recipe....so off we went to buy some peppers (I like red peppers best) and I had some jalepenos in the garden....perfect!
The recipe that comes with the machine is so easy and in 21 mins, you have jelly!
Now, I am not in the actual canning mode, so clean jars and a fridge will do just fine.....
I use the white plastic lids to let everyone know, these are to refrigerate only.....not shelf safe....

When we were at the market, we also bought strawberries...hummm, strawberry jam anyone???
Yup, after we cleaned up from the pepper jelly and the machine cooled down while we ate lunch, we made strawberry jam....

How's that?? Too much work?? Nah, just clean the fruit (or peppers), chop lightly, pop into a food processor to really almost puree....follow the directions on the machine...and in both cases it was 21 mins to jam (and jelly)! Yup! Best small batch jam/jelly maker ever!!
Now I am asking Santa for the auto canner that Ball has......all these could be shelf safe in no time at all!! I've read reviews on the machine, people are happily canning even in summer!
Yup....good stuff!
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

There is nothing in the world like homemade jams and jellies! I can smell that strawberry jam from here.

Hope you have a great weekend- xo Diana