Friday, September 5, 2014

Trash to Treasure

Thrift shop treasure hunting is fun. Sometimes you find something you didn't know you just sooo needed, am I right??
Anyway, last week my friend and I went to one of our favorite shops and a lady was just putting out a blue bedspread....my head snapped around as she went by and I followed her trying to get her attention. Finally, she stopped and said, "oh, did you want to see it? It is a King size well loved (old and worn) bedspread." Yes Please!
Now, we don't have a king size bed. We have a queen. However, it is high with a 22" mattress, so King is often needed to get the drape.
Well, I did buy it. When you allow dogs on the furniture, you have to change bedspreads frequently for washing....
It was a bit worn which gave it this soft and cozy drape...no stains!
It looks good in the room....
And because I didn't want it to get too dirty right off the bat, I threw an old linen sheet on top...
Well, it works for me.....
I also found a threshold drape for $2.00, which I am going to make pillows for my daughter's new house!
She thought the fabric was pretty and would be a good touch for the sectional they bought at a consignment shop. It wasn't the sectional of her dreams (it is for her hubby tho') but it was an excellent value and all leather! So these pillows will soften the modern twist in her new family room.....
Hope you have a great day!
Nancy

No comments: