Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Painting a BIG mirror and odds and ends

Today was one of those "catch-up" days....
The last couple of days or so, we have been helping our daughter with her move into a bigger house. She isn't allowed to do much being 7 1/2 months pregnant, so we jumped in, bad backs and all....
So, today I played catch up.
I washed both dogs.
Washed their beds.
Vacuumed the bedroom.
And I painted the BIG mirror our daughter gave us that she no longer wanted. Ummm, uh, yeah I will take it....
Sooo, I set up the table and Hubby helped me get it out of the car and onto the table.
Before, we had painted the frame Black. And, now, my family room is going more neutral (with the exception of the TV and its unit below.....)


That is Annie Sloan French Linen, my fave! After painting and letting some of the black show through, I waxed with clear wax and then used the dark wax. I let it sit a little while....had to change the laundry. Then, I buffed it, so the dark wax isn't too strong....but up close its there.
Hubby helped me turn it over to find the hangers, which I wired for the ease of hanging.
The only downfall of the mirror, it shows the ugly TV and its components....but alas...that can't be changed.
But when I sit at the table I am enjoying the mirror....
It does show the room as bigger and taller....which was the idea....and just fits in the space....
After that, I made the rest of the drapery tie backs that I started...fresher look I think....
After all that, I changed the laundry again and went to take books to the library that my daughter no longer wanted...then.....
I sanded the little pig cutting board I bought that was unfinished....
The stain was very dry so I sanded and applied cutting board wax to it....
Cute pig huh?? Yeah, someone had cut it and gotten rid of it! All I had to do was stain, sand and seal....
Anyway, time to change the laundry again....
Have a great day what ever you are doing...
Nancy

No comments: