Thursday, September 4, 2014

Falling for Fall

It is that time of year.
The apples are ready (seems early to me). I climbed up the ladder to pick our apples. Some had been eaten by varmits, unfortunately. But, when they start eating, you know they are ready anyway!
So, up I went and this is what we picked.....

I am just loving this type of picture....what Fall is to me, well, minus the pumpkins!
With Fall comes that need to spruce and make a few changes...
I have had the burlap "ribbon" on my drapes for ages and now I have a new way to tie back the drapes.
I cannot claim to have thought it up all by myself, I got the idea from Country Living Magazine's facebook pages...yup I did! They had one of those "many things to make from simple items from the hardware store"...
The items I purchased....drapery cording (Ace Hardware) and hasp and ring (Home Depot 2 per package).
Ace didn't have very many hasps (I think that is what they are called) and they seemed expensive....so I went to Home Depot. There I found packages with two hasps and packages with two rings total $3.50! The cording was $6 for 50ft! Now, I just need to make 6 more! Yup, lots of drapes in the Family Room! Afterall, Fall is when they might start getting pulled closed, but daytime I like them open!
Aren't they cute? Reminds me of a bridle! Plus the cording is almost identical in color to the drapes....
Hope you have a great day!
Nancy


No comments: