Sunday, July 6, 2014

A Fountain in the Garden

I had ordered a fountain to replace one that died a couple of years ago. It was awful! I ordered on Amazon and it was so poorly designed, I have posted a complaint with the company and plan on sending it back....
However, I desperately wanted a fountain back in the garden....
So, I went off in search for a vessel to be a fountain and a pump....
I found a pump for $21 and a darling clay and resin pot (no drainage hole). Perfect!
I moved the little ladder I had in the garden to where the fountain used to be, painted it with a bit of AS"Graphite", and Hubby wired the fountain up it for me....
Voila! A fountain! It is just the touch I was looking for....


Isn't that pot adorable?? It is perfect because it isn't all clay, which evaporates more quickly, and will stand up to water this way....
It also has an indentation that holds the pump!Perfect! Now the little ladder has a real job!
What did you do today?? Did you create??
Nancy

No comments: