Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Creative Comeback

Well, I have been spending time gathering energy and creativity. Anesthesia does something to the brain, really it must....besides the fact that I had surgery....
Anyway, I finally got my act together and created my future Grandson a baby quilt with his name on it.
I went through a lot to get it to this stage. Indecision being one of the obstacles. I wanted to embroider squares with letters...wow, that didn't go well. I started by enlarging the letters with a really neat font on my sewing machine, and though the fabric puckered a bit they were lovely, except when I went to press them and the iron melted the letters onto the iron....major ooops....
So, I decided that if they melted with an iron a hot dryer might not be so great either. So, I decided to applique them. I spent another day working on that.
Then as energy ebbed and flowed and ebbed again, I finished the quilt and quilted it. Now, all I have to do is the binding....
I am not allowed to show you his name....but it is on there....
I also went to a thrift store and found for a $1 this darling fabric! Again with the indecision about what to do with it.....

I am sure eventually I will come up with something.....
Have a great day!
Nancy

No comments: