Friday, May 9, 2014

What I have been up to....

You haven't heard much from me. Busy going to Dr. appointments. But in between I have been trying to stay busy piecing...it mostly calms me to do "busy" work.
So, here is what I have now....a quilt top, for a toddler...


The fabric is "Scrumptious" by Moda and I used a jelly roll....
It is nice once in a while to let someone else to do the cutting and picking of fabric that coordinates.
I found out from my "class" online that there are so many more pre-cut options out there...so lots of other people want someone to coordinate their colors too...and don't like to cut.
The only problem with jelly rolls and other packs, is that if you choose a two color or specific type pattern, there are too many colors to work with in these packs. However, this was a fun project to work on. I still need to get a backing and some batting...and then quilt it (I haven't decided which way to do that just yet.)
Hope you are having a great day and Happy Mother's Day!!
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, I love Moda fabric and these are wonderful. I'm hoping to get ink and unpack my sewing room next week. Have a fantastic evening!