Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Weekend doings....

What did you do this weekend??
We got to see our niece and nephew with their kids visiting from Texas. Most adorable kiddos ages 4 and 10 mos.....we went to Huntington Beach (along with thousands of other people there) to enjoy the milder sunny day and water.
Before that I moved the big wing chair from the family room to the living room and swapped it out with the littler wing chair....it just feels better. Don't know why I didn't think of it sooner!
It is a relaxed linen slipcover that goes with the color of the room better....Like my little pillow?? I had a remnant in my stash and pulled it out to make this pillow....
I also worked on a new quilt layout this weekend. My eldest daughter and I worked together to stitch all the strips together and then I cut them with my Accuquilt into squares.
Here is what we came up with.....it will be a toddler size quilt....
The fabric is Scrumptious by Moda and it was from a jelly roll.
To be honest, I like strips so far for binding and borders....though this will be cute when done, I like making squares and triangles and such ....think I need to do another hunters star or something after this....
Have a great day...
Nancy

No comments: