Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Redecorating the Hutch

It is funny, how inspiration hits. Sometimes when you least expect it you see something that just triggers a thought. Such a thing happened yesterday. Hubby and I went to Roger's Gardens to get something we needed and since he gave me a gift card there, he let me look around. So patient. It was toward the end of looking around that I went into a far corner, and there it was....an old hutch filled with plants. Bingo! Inspiration took hold. Now, I was on a quest to find the perfect plants to put on the hutch.....
When we got back, everything came out of the hutch, it got a good cleaning and then I began to reassemble parts....with plants.
Here is what we got....


 I loved this English Ivy with its variegated leaves and I had the perfect pot outside.
 I brought in from my potting bench this little zinc pitcher and cut some lavender down so this could tuck into the back corner. The spanish moss is from a fake stalk I had...I just cut bits and pieces to tuck here and there.
 This little birdcage topiary is one of my favs, it came from a thrift store.....
And my stone bunny, snuggled up at the top.
I found that I reduced the number of plates, but did need some of them as the dark wood didn't show the plants or other items well, so white plates act as a great backdrop....
What do you think?
Nancy

No comments: