Monday, May 26, 2014

Getting back in balance

Today is four days after surgery. I am still sore and mending, but I am starting to want to do things. It is a bit frustrating to have to have Hubby do a great deal, but there isn't a way around it.
We went out to the garden and picked a few tomatoes. My Romas are a bit disappointing I think in size, but the apricots in the side yard are quite abundant and flavorful. I decided to make some apricot jam with my Jam Maker that I got for Mother's day. Perfect! Great fun.
Here is a picture of the apricots and the Romas....the Romas should be as big or bigger than the apricots!
Hubby got down and picked some of his favorite squash....in a couple of days they really got big!
It is a scallop type of squash, his absolute fav.....
So, slowly, I am getting back into the garden. Our boysenberries are ripening and we have a few for dessert tonight too...
I hope you are having a wonderful evening!
Nancy

2 comments:

Barbara Lilian said...

Glad to hear you're on the mend & making jam with your new machine. You certainly have a variety of things growing in your garden. Enjoy your lovely sunshine, I hope it comes here soon. I need it & so do my flowers.

chateau chic said...

I'm sure gardening is great therapy!
Thanks so much for visiting,
Mary Alice