Monday, May 12, 2014

For Mother's Day

I have the most wonderful family....and I am so lucky to get to share the day with a wonderful Hubby and two very special daughters and a truly special son-in-law (and a soon to be wonderful grandbaby)....
This year, my sweet Hubby brought home a beautiful dozen red roses! He said he couldn't resist....
And my eldest daughter gave me lavender linen spray...because she knows I love it and use it up! As well as a gift card to TJMaxx.....so sweet!
My youngest daughter and her husband gave me a gift card to a nursery and a 5 gallon rose. It is a beautiful red rose that has ruffly petals....now I have to find a space....
And Hubby? He gave me a gift card to a favorite nursery, Roger's and a jam maker!

Now, if any of you have spent time stirring and stirring jam and often on a hot summer day, you may appreciate this appliance from the Ball Company. It is automatic!
You put the pectin in the container, add your ready mashed fruit (or juice for jelly) and turn it on. In four minutes or so, a beeper goes off  to let you know it is time to add sugar. Then, the machine goes and it stirs and cooks your jam (or jelly) until it is ready. How cool is that??
Well, they have all been after me to make more jams and jellys and marmalade, so now I have no excuse! I will be buying blackberries to test it out....and I will let you  know what I think.
Very cool ........
I hope you had a great Mother's Day! Have a great week ahead....
Nancy

No comments: