Monday, April 14, 2014

Changing a Ceramic Planter

Ah, you thought I meant in the garden, right?
Nope, not this time.
You see, this was one of the planters that my neighbor gave me. I wasn't entirely fond of its color, it just didn't "send" me....so, out came the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint...and this is what I did....


Yes, you can really paint on a glazed ceramic planter......
I chose Duck Egg Blue for the base color....

Then, when it was dry (about a load of laundry's worth of time), I dry brushed over it with French Linen....
Then after that, I waxed it with clear and then some dark wax....
and then it went to live in our master bath ...
Ta Da!!! Now, Hubby can grab a washcloth easily....
Tomorrow, I will show you another project I got to doing.....
Nancy

2 comments:

NanaDiana said...

That looks really cute, Nancy. It turned out great! xo Diana

Tamyra Positively Southern said...

I positively adore this project!!! I have a few pieces that now I just might have to paint! Thanks for the inspiration!