Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Shenanigans

What did I do today?
Well, my daughter came and rebuilt the window box that we had made about 8 years ago. The bottom had started to fall out, so it was time....


We built from cedar fence boards....the boards were cut at Home Depot, so it was just putting them together....and painting....and then planting...
See the finials?? Those I found at a thrift store, they were supposed to be for draperies, but they were just too sweet and perfect in size for the window box.....
While paint was drying, I embroidered napkins for St. Patrick's Day...

Then I set the table, a simple table, for dinner....
Dinner with the "kids" was lovely...good ole corned beef and cabbage, with carrots and potatoes...and a pineapple/blackberry crisp for dessert....
A good day is a productive day......
Night all....
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaDiana said...

Nancy- I love your window box. I think they just "make" a home. I don't have any on this house-but hope to put some up on the back rails this year again.

Glad you had a nice Irish dinner with the kids- xo Diana