Friday, March 14, 2014

Finishing another quilt

I finished the Hunter's Star quilt!
It is a little baby quilt, and I am so happy the way it turned out!
I did something I haven't done before. I machine quilted and hand quilted!
I machine quilted the major squares, but didn't have the heart to to that to all the little pieces. It cried out for something special....so at night, when watching TV, I worked little by little on just the white areas. It ended up giving a 3D effect to the quilt, making the blue areas rise up just a bit. Because I machine quilted the main areas, the hand quilting was purely for the art of it!
I know it isn't a big deal, but it is wonderful to me....

 This shot shows my not so perfect hand quilting, but it also shows that the blue areas kinda pop a bit more than the white....

This shot shows the machine and the hand quilting on the back....
I am off for a busy day...hoping to get lots done today....
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaNor's said...

Happy Friday to you! Got to say, I love this quilt-it is gorgeous! Your hand quilting looks perfect, glad you went with it as it does make the design pop. You are very talented! I can't wait til we move and I can set up my quilt room, unpack and start stitching again.
Hugs,
Noreen