Monday, March 17, 2014

Dinner Out

Last night Hubby and I had our first dinner outside. It was terribly hot all day, not much got done except a trip to Home Depot to get wood for a new window box. The old one outside the master bedroom started to lose its bottom when the painters put it back in place. After all, my daughter and I made it about 7 years ago...so, it was time I guess. So, we picked out our boards and had the guy at Home Depot cut the pieces for us......
Then, we relaxed the rest of the day....until it cooled off....
I cleaned the table and set it....
He grilled some chicken and I brought out leftover pasta with kale pesto.....
Note to self: leftover rice pasta is NOT like regular pasta and it turns to mush when reheated.....
Ah, well, it was still yummy....
Some have asked for my recipe for Kale pesto....
The recipe is the same as for basil pesto, just substitute kale....be sure to pull the leaf section off the stems of kale though.....(I used about a couple of cups worth)
use half a lime (my lime tree is actually crossed with the lemons so we call them "limones")
use olive oil about a 1/2 cup (start with a little less and add more is more liquid is needed)
a large handful of walnuts
puree in a blender until smooth and thoroughly mixed
It is not an exact recipe because it depends on the moisture in the kale and the size of the lime....
Be sure the walnuts are fresh....they will ruin the flavor if they aren't.....
Pour over pasta, add parmesan cheese if desired......
Have a great day!
Nancy

No comments: