Sunday, March 2, 2014

A dinner party

Yesterday, we had a small dinner party with some dear friends.
I had such fun getting ready!
I created a menu.....

which included homegrown kale, fava beans, & parsley.

I collected up the linens I wanted to use....
I got out the plate warmer, so I could keep the buffet warm (I hate when a dish gets so cold after you worked so hard).
I collected the dishes and glasses....
Then I set the table....


And I did all this before 12 pm.....and they weren't coming until 6.....
Which of course gave me plenty of time to do other things to get ready.....
Including, enjoy a double rainbow with my Honey....
Our dinner with friends was wonderful....everything came together just as planned and since I chose a rather simple dinner of lamb chops, quinoa with garden veggies, and artichokes with apple crisp for dessert...I got to enjoy the time with them instead of being in the kitchen the whole time.
I pre-made the crisp and kept it warm on a warming plate...
I cut all the veggies and sauteed them and set them aside until the quinoa was done, then when all mixed that too was set on a warming plate...
The artichokes cooked and I turned them off to stay warm in their pot....
And when the lamb chops were done in the broiler...that is when I put them on the warming plate and we moved into the dining room....
Dinner and company was wonderful....
What do you do ahead of a dinner party??
Nancy

No comments: