Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Remnant Roundup

If you are like me, a quilter with lots of fabric, you need to sew....want to sew....
I did just finish the large brown and beige quilt and took 5 days off of sewing while my sister visited. But, the need, the urge (ok, it's an addiction I think) became too much. However, I had just taken the big sewing machine in for a tune-up since it was in need from all the sewing it was doing....
So, I got out the little sewing machine and got busy....
I had lots of leftover squares and triangles from the last project and even binding!
The dogs and I settled in...
 Belle is under the sewing table at my feet, and Tucker is next to the iron...
I put together a few of the squares and triangles to make pinwheels...and then made squares...
Before you know it, there is a quilt top!


The little sewing machine did a great job, and it was probably good for it to do a big job....put it through its paces so to speak....
and so tonight while watching TV I will finish hand sewing the binding....
And by the way, there are still squares and all left...oh well, I will put them in a drawer for future use....
Take care,
Nancy

5 comments:

Amber said...

Okay Nancy, I'll be the first to say it.... You are lucky to be in bare feet! Haha!! I've been living in my UGGS since Thanksgiving. Your quilt is beautiful and your sweet dog, so cute!

Divine Theatre said...

More than your talent (which is amazing) I admire your perseverance. I wish I had half the patience!
Kiss those doggies for me!

xo

Andie

Dawn WeCallItJunkin said...

Your dog is so pretty! I love your quilt, and I think I have some of that same fabric you're using in the border, what are the odds? Thanks for visiting me and your sweet comment. Take care - Dawn @ We Call It Junkin.com
History & Home link party, Tue - Fri, weekly

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, I saw you at Kim's-Savy Southern Style and had to come visit.
I'm a Calif. girl-born and lived almost my entire life in No.Ca-Sonoma County. I loved seeing your quilt(and your pups), I too quilt. I'm going to follow you and looking forward to getting to know you!
Hugs, Noreen

Gail, in northern California said...

I just scrolled down to your posting of January 29. The pillow with the black-faced sheep...you indicated it was advertised for sale in a shop that is now closed but is the pillow still available for sale? $$??