Sunday, February 23, 2014

Other Uses for quilt squares

I can't help it. I need to sew. Love taking pieces of fabric and making it into something.
Call me addicted to sewing and quilting, it's ok, I think I must be. I like to sew....
This week I cleaned out the fabric bins going through things I had thrown in there....bits and pieces and things to make in the future. I came across to packages of "quilt blocks of the month" that were on sale at Jo-Ann's about a year or so ago. The intention then was to make a pillow. However, one can only have so many pillows and my store is now closed...
The blocks weren't any color combo I would have picked, but, when a pre-cut kit is only $1, I can't resist, so I had picked them up. Not wanting to make a quilt I studied them for a bit and realized I had remnant batting and fabric....soooo, I started piecing....and piecing. It was a pattern I had never tried but it went together easily. I really recommend these precuts for beginners because you just sew.
Then, I got my remnant fabric and batting and put it together to play with quilting.....
What to do with it....?

Why make a shoulder bag......
It turned out pretty cute I think!
I didn't make a pocket for the front or back or inside....would do that next time....
Otherwise, this becomes a great way to use quilt blocks without having to make a quilt big or small....
Hope you have a great week....
Nancy

No comments: