Tuesday, February 18, 2014

More Quilting

I am having so much fun!
I had a large remnant that is an autumn farm scene. I wanted to practice and play with machine quilting so I found a remnant of batting and folded the fabric over and stitched away! I am still playing with different threads, trying silk and cotton versus polyester so this gave me a chance to try it out.
Then, I gathered up scraps of fabric to make the binding! It gives a fun charm and character to use different fabrics around the edge....perfect for children!

 See the fun binding?? I had so much fun piecing bits and pieces.....
After I finished this quilt, I decided that I wanted to do an all girly quilt....
So, out came all the lavender fabrics and pinks, mostly pinks....using up all I have to play.....


The backing doesn't show that its pink with white dots....so cute and girly!
Today is the binding day. I think I know what I am going to use, but we will see....sometimes quilts just need something different than you plan....
So, that is what I have been up to.
What have you been up to??
Nancy

1 comment:

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, I just have to say that I have matching fabric-except that mine is a tablecloth and I've got quilted placemats in it too. I love the fabric-it just screams fall to me.
Thanks for sharing!
Hugs, Noreen