Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Getting ready for the painter

So, we are getting ready for the painter. It requires moving what we can away from walls so they can prep for paint and then paint. It is amazing what we have "stashed" next to the house! Wow, it is a lot more work than I anticipated, so it is good that we started early....afterall, we don't want to pay extra for them to move stuff, just get to work...(of course any heavy items, such as the potting bench they will move)...
So, in the side yard I cleaned out the potting bench and threw away a ton of stuff I haven't seen, or used ...Then I cleaned out the baker's rack that held all my pots and stuff....
Then I moved the twig bench that was there, (yeah, it was heavier than it used to be and shoulda waited)....Where to put it? Hummm, well one foot had rotted off, the others getting crumbly, so being out in the weather wasn't really a problem...let's just enjoy it for fun...
So, I moved it here for now....


Now, in reality, it is blocking the raised bed, so it can't stay there forever, nor can the gardener mow the lawn here....so it is problematic. But, darn, I think it is so cute, even though it propped up on a pot where the foot broke....and I am figuring how to repair that....
Have a great day!
Nancy

2 comments:

Cindy Goins said...

I LOVE the Gorgeous quilt!and the setee! Those fake rock edging are so cool, I'm going to see if our Home Depot carries them.Thanks for sharing and thanks for visiting my blog Nancy ;)

Cindy@GlassSlipperRestorations

Junkchiccottage said...

Nancy,
It does look super cute there. Love the gorgeous quilts on this piece. Very pretty.
Kris